May 5 - 8, 2019
The Shootout at PGA WEST is an annual, three-day, two-person, best ball tournament held at La Quinta Resort & Club and the West Coast’s home of golf, PGA WEST. Enjoy three days of best ball golf and unlimited afternoon replay on the finest courses in Palm Springs. Kick off your golfing season in style!
Starting at $1,050 Per Player
Kick off the season!!
Start your golf season off in style at the West Coasts Home of Golf PGA WEST
Two Person Best Ball Format
Bring your golfing buddies for a great three day two person best ball tournament.
Fun & Competitive
Lots of prizes, trophies and optional daily cash honey pots
Easy travel arrangements
Challenge, beauty and drama permeate every Jack Nicklaus Course, and the masterfully designed Nicklaus Tournament is no exception. It is one of the only courses in the world to feature two island greens. The enormous and undulated double-green of holes 9 & 18 are perfectly viewed from the Stadium Clubhouse.
|6,522 / 72.2 / 134||6,061 / 70.0 / 128||5,627 / 68.1 / 122||5,023 / 69.4 / 124|
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Courses in the World” by GOLF MAGAZINE and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America (2007),” there may be no greater challenege or excitement in the game of golf than the Stadium at PGA WEST! The world famous Stadium is one of Pete Dye’s finest course creations, delivering multiple adrenaline rushes throughout the round.
|6739 / 73.1 / 140||6,166 / 70.2 / 133||5700 / 73.7 / 137||5092 / 70.2 / 124|
The newest course at PGA WEST and the only Greg Norman-designed golf course in the Coachella Valley is aptly described as being very “challenging but fair.” Sporting only 68 acres of lush manicured turf, 102 white crushed marble bunkers and shark blue water coming into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a truly “Outback” experience that will entice you back time and time again.
|6,671 / 72.8 / 133||6,227 / 70.6 / 126||5,751 / 72.7 / 123||5,297 / 70.2 / 119|
This Par 72 Pete Dye designed course offers traditional rolling links style golf with Scottish and Irish flair, characterized by rolling mounds framing manicured fairways and thick rough. The course provides an invigorating round of golf against a backdrop of rugged mountain landscapes.
|6,732 / 72.9 / 135||6,300 / 70.7 / 128||5,768 / 68.3 / 121||4,875 / 71.0 / 123|
This La Quinta Resort Mountain course combines everything the desert has to offer. Many famous tournaments have been played on this legendary and exclusive ” VIP players only ” golfer’s paradise. Noted for pot bunkers, rock formations, sand and water. Watch for the par-3 16th hole that has a green that is surrounded by desert mountain rocks.
|6,320 / 71.5 / 130||5,405 / 67.0 / 113||5,405 / 71.4 / 127||5,005 / 71.0 / 123|
Frequently Asked Questions
General Event Information
- The Shootout at PGA WEST is organized around two person teams. Please find your own partner. In past years, and with enough lead time, we have been able to helpone or two players each year find a partner. This siation is the exception rather than the rule.
- We welcome couples. If there are enough couples teams, we will have a couples division. If we do not have a couples division, we adjust the ladies handicap to a point where the two become a competitive team in one of the men’s divisions.
- Based on 55 teams, there will be five divisions. The first division plays from the championship tees and the competition is gross rather than net.
- The competition in the other four divisions is net competition.
- Therefore, we reserve the right to adjust any player’s handicap retroactively if necessary. In other words, sandbaggers are not welcome. As a result, everyone has fun and a chance to win prizes.
- In the last seventeen years,organizing our events we have had to adjust only one player’s handicap.
HOW MUCH GOLF?
Lots of golf!!!
- Your Monday thru Wednesday golf at PGA WEST & La Quinta Resort & Club includes your morning tournament round of golf and you’ll enjoy unlimited afternoon replay!! Some of the crazier golfers have played 6 rounds over those three days.
- Sunday Evening BBQ April 29 at 7:00pm where your hosts will serve you Salmon, Rib-Eye Steak, asparagus, potatoes, fruit dish, Bloody Mary’s, Margaritas, Wine, Beer, Pop, Soda, and desert.
- There is a Wednesday Night Awards Ceremony May 4th at 7:00pm at the Cooper Pool BBQ Area. We will award the Daily Honey Pot Payout for Friday as well as the Week Honey Pot payout. Over 20 trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
Early arrival or late departure
- Based upon availability, it is usually possible to come a few days early or stay a few days later. It is always easier to stay later than come in earlier. The extra cost is $100 per condo per night.
Guests at no extra cost
- Spouses or significant others can come at essentially no additional cost. There is no increase to the cost of accommodations. The only drawback for two couples staying in one condo is that there is only one bathroom for the two bedrooms.
- One team can request a separate condo for each player. The additional cost is $295 per player or $590.00 for the team.
Cost of golf for guests
- Players’ guests can golf for $45 any time on Saturday or Sunday at Indian Palms CC. Guests can also golf at the PGA West and La Quinta Resort and Club on Monday through Friday afternoons for only $45.
Honey pots – 3 day PGA WEST & La Quinta
- There are optional daily and weekly honey pots with cash payouts. There are separate honey pots for each division. The cost is $33 per player per day for each of the five daily honey pots and $51 for the one weekly honey pot. $150.00 for the event
- Check out the Honey Pot Payout schedule under the player information tab on the website.
- Each player is responsible for their own airfare and car rentals which are quite reasonable at this time if the year. Players can fly into either the Palm Springs Airport or the Ontario Airport. I have found Costco Travel has the best rental rates, so if you’re a member go through Costco Travel to book your car rental.
- The drive from the Palm Springs Airport is approximately 30 minutes to the condos. The drive from the Ontario Airport is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- LAX is an alternative but the drive is about two and one half hours.
- Fun Golf Vacations and PNWGT.COM has a very generous deposit refund program. All but $200 of each person’s deposits is refundable through April 1, 2018. Even then, the $200 can be applied to the 2018 tournament fee.
- The $300.00 deposit and the $700.00 payment is fully refundable through March 1, 2018.
- The deposit requirements are as follows:
- $300.00 accompanies the entry form. To insure that you get your requested arrival date, please send this as soon as possible).
- $700.00 – January 15, 2018
- Balance – March 15, 2018
- The advertised new player cash price is $1,600.00. The returning player price is $1,500.00.