May 2 - 6, 2021
The Shootout at PGA WEST is an annual, three-day, two-person, best ball tournament held at West Coast’s Home of Golf, PGA WEST. Enjoy three days of best ball golf and unlimited afternoon replay on the finest courses in Palm Springs. Kick off your golfing season in style! Daily Skills Competitions on all the Par 3's. Optional Afternoon Horse Race, Optional Daily Cash Honey Pots and kick off BBQ event!
Starting at $1,150 Per Player
Kick off the season!!
Kick off your Spring golf season at the Home of Western Golf in America PGA WEST. Compete on the Nicklaus Tournament, Stadium & Mountain course in La Quinta California.
Two Person Best Ball Format
Bring your golfing buddies for four days of amazing golf!! Optional Sunday Team Mixer followed by 54 hole Two Person Best Ball Tournament. 18 holes not enough, enjoy Unlimited FREE replay at any of the five PGA WEST resort courses.
Enjoy 4 nights lodging at Indian Palms Intervals. Single story 700 square foot 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condos located a short 10 minute drive to PGA WEST & the Dunes & Mountain course in La Quinta.
Challenge, beauty and drama permeate every Jack Nicklaus Course, and the masterfully designed Nicklaus Tournament is no exception. It is one of the only courses in the world to feature two island greens. The enormous and undulated double-green of holes 9 & 18 are perfectly viewed from the PGA West Clubhouse.
|7,204 / 75.3 / 143||6,522 / 72.2 / 134||5,627 / 68.1 / 122||5,023 / 69.4 / 124|
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Courses in the World” by GOLF MAGAZINE and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America (2007),” there may be no greater challenege or excitement in the game of golf than the Stadium at PGA WEST! The world famous Stadium is one of Pete Dye’s finest course creations, delivering multiple adrenaline rushes throughout the round.
|7300 / 75.8 / 148||6739 / 73.1 / 140||5700 / 73.7 / 137||5092 / 70.2 / 124|
The newest course at PGA WEST and the only Greg Norman-designed golf course in the Coachella Valley is aptly described as being very “challenging but fair.” Sporting only 68 acres of lush manicured turf, 102 white crushed marble bunkers and shark blue water coming into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a truly “Outback” experience that will entice you back time and time again.
|6,671 / 72.8 / 133||6,227 / 70.6 / 126||5,751 / 72.7 / 123||5,297 / 70.2 / 119|
This Par 72 Pete Dye designed course offers traditional rolling links style golf with Scottish and Irish flair, characterized by rolling mounds framing manicured fairways and thick rough. The course provides an invigorating round of golf against a backdrop of rugged mountain landscapes.
|6,732 / 72.9 / 135||6,300 / 70.7 / 128||5,768 / 68.3 / 121||4,875 / 71.0 / 123|
This La Quinta Resort Mountain course combines everything the desert has to offer. Many famous tournaments have been played on this legendary and exclusive ” VIP players only ” golfer’s paradise. Noted for pot bunkers, rock formations, sand and water. Watch for the par-3 16th hole that has a green that is surrounded by desert mountain rocks.
|6,320 / 71.5 / 130||5,405 / 67.0 / 113||5,405 / 71.4 / 127||5,005 / 71.0 / 123|
Frequently Asked Questions
General Event Information
- The Shootout at PGA WEST is organized around two person teams. Please find your own partner. In past years, and with enough lead time, we have been able to help one or two players each year find a partner. This situation is the exception rather than the rule.
- We welcome couples. If there are enough couples teams, we will have a couples division.
- Based on 50 teams, there will be five divisions. The first division plays from the championship tees and the competition is gross rather than net.
- The competition in the other four divisions is net competition.
- Therefore, we reserve the right to adjust any player’s handicap retroactively if necessary. In other words, sandbaggers are not welcome. As a result, everyone has fun and a chance to win prizes.
Registration Fee Covers the Following
For $1,150.00 per player (new player price), each two-person team gets:
- ACCOMMODATIONS – Four nights lodging in a two-bedroom, one bath, 750 square foot condo at Indian Palms Intervals located on the Indian Palms Country Club & Resort grounds.
- Each condominium has a full kitchen, a dining area and a living room. The condos have nice updated furniture, plantation shutters on the windows and sliding glass door to your personal patio.
- There is a Flat Screen TV in the living room and both bedrooms – Full Size Bed & Two Twins
- There is a DVD player in the living room. The kitchens have every appliance you could possibly want.
- There are three barbecues next to both the Cooper Pool and the Valentino Pool located on the resort grounds.
- Courses are a short 10 - 15 minute drive from your unit.
- There will be practice rates between $60 – $140 depending on time of day if you wish to play at one of the PGA WEST courses. for players that arrive early
- Monday through Wednesday each player gets:
- Unlimited rounds of golf, range balls and cart fees at the PGA WEST's - Jack Nicklaus Tournament, Stadium, Greg Norman, Mountain and Dunes courses.
- These rounds include the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday best ball tournament rounds in the morning
- Some of our crazier golfers have been known to play 36 holes in the afternoon after the morning tournament rounds.
- Sunday Evening BBQ May 2nd at 5:00pm come meet your fellow golfers and enjoy a cocktail and amazing dishes from Uncorked Cuisine. You're not gonna wanna miss out!!
- There is a Wednesday Night Awards Ceremony May 7th at 6:00pm at the Cooper Pool BBQ Area. We will award the Daily Honey Pot Payout for Wednesday as well as the Three Day Honey Pot payout. Trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
Early arrival or late departure
- Based upon availability, it is usually possible to come a few days early or stay a few days later. It is always easier to stay later than come in earlier. The extra cost is $125 per condo per night.
Guests at no extra cost
- Spouses or significant others can come at essentially no additional cost. There is no increase to the cost of accommodations. The only drawback for two couples staying in one condo is that there is only one bathroom for the two bedrooms.
- One team can request a separate condo for each player. The cost is double the double occupancy rate
Cost of golf for guests
- Players’ guests can golf for $45 any time on Saturday or Sunday at Indian Palms CC.
- Each player is responsible for their own airfare and car rentals which are quite reasonable at this time if the year. Players can fly into either the Palm Springs Airport or the Ontario Airport. I have found Costco Travel has the best rental rates, so if you’re a member go through Costco Travel to book your car rental.
- The drive from the Palm Springs Airport is approximately 30 minutes to the condos. The drive from the Ontario Airport is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- LAX is an alternative but the drive is about two and one half hours.
- Fun Golf Vacations Inc. has a very generous payment program. You may pay the entire amount at registration or select the two easy payment option. If you need to cancel for any reason your registration fee is 100% refundable until 30 days before the event. If you need to cancel anytime within 30 days of the event you'll get a 90% refund due to administrative fees.