May 7 - 11, 2023
Experience what life is like at PGA WEST. The annual Shootout at PGA WEST brings like minded golfers from all over North America to play in a three day two person best ball tournament at the "Western Home of Golf in America" PGA WEST.
You and your golfing partner will share a 750 square foot two-bedroom 1 bathroom casita for four nights at the nicely appointed Indian Palms Intervals, only a short 10 - 15 minute drive to the courses. UNLIMITED AFTERNOON REPLAYS at PGA WEST are also included in your package, as well as daily skills competitions, kickoff cocktail party and finals awards dinner. You'll also want to make sure to compete in the rowdy afternoon horse race shootout at Dusk! Experience PGA WEST like never before.
Starting at $1,295.00 New Player
Kick off the season!!
Kick off your Spring golf season at the Home of Western Golf in America PGA WEST. Compete on the Nicklaus Tournament, Norman & Mountain course in La Quinta California.
Two Person Best Ball Format
Bring your golfing buddies for four days of amazing golf!! 54 hole Two Person Best Ball Tournament. 18 holes not enough, enjoy Unlimited FREE replay at any of the five PGA WEST resort courses.
Enjoy 4 nights lodging at Indian Palms Intervals. Single story 700 square foot 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condos located a short 10 minute drive to PGA WEST & the Dunes & Mountain course in La Quinta.
Challenge, beauty and drama permeate every Jack Nicklaus Course, and the masterfully designed Nicklaus Tournament is no exception. It is one of the only courses in the world to feature two island greens. The enormous and undulated double-green of holes 9 & 18 are perfectly viewed from the PGA West Clubhouse.
|7,204 / 75.3 / 143||6,522 / 72.2 / 134||5,627 / 68.1 / 122||5,023 / 69.4 / 124|
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Courses in the World” by GOLF MAGAZINE and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America (2007),” there may be no greater challenege or excitement in the game of golf than the Stadium at PGA WEST! The world famous Stadium is one of Pete Dye’s finest course creations, delivering multiple adrenaline rushes throughout the round.
|7300 / 75.8 / 148||6739 / 73.1 / 140||5700 / 73.7 / 137||5092 / 70.2 / 124|
The newest course at PGA WEST and the only Greg Norman-designed golf course in the Coachella Valley is aptly described as being very “challenging but fair.” Sporting only 68 acres of lush manicured turf, 102 white crushed marble bunkers and shark blue water coming into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a truly “Outback” experience that will entice you back time and time again.
|6,671 / 72.8 / 133||6,227 / 70.6 / 126||5,751 / 72.7 / 123||5,297 / 70.2 / 119|
This Par 72 Pete Dye designed course offers traditional rolling links style golf with Scottish and Irish flair, characterized by rolling mounds framing manicured fairways and thick rough. The course provides an invigorating round of golf against a backdrop of rugged mountain landscapes.
|6,732 / 72.9 / 135||6,300 / 70.7 / 128||5,768 / 68.3 / 121||4,875 / 71.0 / 123|
PGA West Mountain course combines everything the desert has to offer. Many famous tournaments have been played on this legendary and exclusive ” VIP players only ” golfer’s paradise. Noted for pot bunkers, rock formations, sand and water. Watch for the par-3 16th hole that has a green that is surrounded by desert mountain rocks.
|6,666 / 72.9 / 135||6,280 / 70.7 / 128||5,732 / 68.3 / 121||4,884 / 68.7 / 123|
Frequently Asked Questions
Indian Palms Intervals is tournament headquarters. We have 50 two-bedroom 1-bathroom condos located just a short 10 min drive to PGA WEST and 20 min drive to Desert Willow Golf Resort.
Each unit is 750 square feet and has full kitchen with all the comforts of home. You'll enjoy hanging out back on your verandas drinking cocktails and socializing with the other golfers around the Crooked Clubs 19th Hole.
- Sunday Evening BBQ May 2nd at 5:00pm come meet your fellow golfers and enjoy a cocktail and amazing dishes from Uncorked Cuisine. You're not gonna wanna miss out!!
- There is a Wednesday Night Awards Ceremony May 7th at 6:00pm at the Cooper Pool BBQ Area. We will award the Daily Honey Pot Payout for Wednesday as well as the Three Day Honey Pot payout. Trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
Early arrival or late departure
- Based upon availability, it is usually possible to come a few days early or stay a few days later. It is always easier to stay later than come in earlier. The extra cost is $150 per condo per night.
Guests at no extra cost
- Spouses or significant others can come at essentially no additional cost. There is no increase to the cost of accommodations. The only drawback for two couples staying in one condo is that there is only one bathroom for the two bedrooms.
- One team can request a separate condo for each player. The cost is double the double occupancy rate
Cost of golf for guests
- Players’ guests can golf for $45 any time on Saturday or Sunday at Indian Palms CC.
- Each player is responsible for their own airfare and car rentals which are quite reasonable at this time if the year. Players can fly into either the Palm Springs Airport or the Ontario Airport. I have found Costco Travel has the best rental rates, so if you’re a member go through Costco Travel to book your car rental.
- The drive from the Palm Springs Airport is approximately 30 minutes to the condos. The drive from the Ontario Airport is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- LAX is an alternative but the drive is about two and one half hours.
- Fun Golf Vacations Inc. has a very generous payment program. You may pay the entire amount at registration or select the two easy payment option. If you need to cancel for any reason your registration fee is 100% refundable until 30 days before the event. If you need to cancel anytime within 30 days of the event you'll get a 90% refund due to administrative fees.