April 27 - May 4, 2019
The Battle in the Desert is an annual, week-long, two-person, best ball tournament hosted at La Quinta Resort & Club and the West Coast’s home of golf, PGA WEST. Enjoy a golf vacation where everything is planned based the word, golf! All participants enjoy six tournament rounds and unlimited afternoon replay on the finest courses in Palm Springs. Each day there are also skills competitions and afternoon horse races.
Starting at $1,600 Per Player
Kick off your Golfing Season
Kick off your spring golf season at the best courses in the valley, PGA WEST, La Quinta Resort & Desert Willow
Two Person Best Ball Format
Bring your golfing buddies for a week of amazing golf!! 5 day two person best ball tournament
Fun & Competitive
Lots of daily prizes, optional daily cash honey pots, & gross & net trophies
Great accommodations at the Indian Palms Intervals Timeshares. Located a short 10 - 15 min drive to the courses.
Desert Willow Golf Resort has emerged as the favorite place to play in the Palm Springs area for many. In fact, Golf Digest named the Firecliff course on of the “Places to Play.”
|6,676 / 71.7 / 133||6,173 / 69.3 / 124||5,642 / 67.2 / 117||5,079 / 69.7 / 128|
Challenge, beauty and drama permeate every Jack Nicklaus Course, and the masterfully designed Nicklaus Tournament is no exception. It is one of the only courses in the world to feature two island greens. The enormous and undulated double-green of holes 9 & 18 are perfectly viewed from the Stadium Clubhouse.
|6,522 / 72.2 / 134||6,061 / 70.0 / 128||5,627 / 68.1 / 122||5,023 / 69.4 / 124|
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Courses in the World” by GOLF MAGAZINE and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America (2007),” there may be no greater challenege or excitement in the game of golf than the Stadium at PGA WEST! The world famous Stadium is one of Pete Dye’s finest course creations, delivering multiple adrenaline rushes throughout the round.
|6739 / 73.1 / 140||6,166 / 70.2 / 133||5700 / 73.7 / 137||5092 / 70.2 / 124|
The newest course at PGA WEST and the only Greg Norman-designed golf course in the Coachella Valley is aptly described as being very “challenging but fair.” Sporting only 68 acres of lush manicured turf, 102 white crushed marble bunkers and shark blue water coming into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a truly “Outback” experience that will entice you back time and time again.
|6,671 / 72.8 / 133||6,227 / 70.6 / 126||5,751 / 72.7 / 123||5,297 / 70.2 / 119|
This Par 72 Pete Dye designed course offers traditional rolling links style golf with Scottish and Irish flair, characterized by rolling mounds framing manicured fairways and thick rough. The course provides an invigorating round of golf against a backdrop of rugged mountain landscapes.
|6,732 / 72.9 / 135||6,300 / 70.7 / 128||5,768 / 68.3 / 121||4,875 / 71.0 / 123|
This La Quinta Resort Mountain course combines everything the desert has to offer. Many famous tournaments have been played on this legendary and exclusive ” VIP players only ” golfer’s paradise. Noted for pot bunkers, rock formations, sand and water. Watch for the par-3 16th hole that has a green that is surrounded by desert mountain rocks.
|6,320 / 71.5 / 130||5,405 / 67.0 / 113||5,405 / 71.4 / 127||5,005 / 71.0 / 123|
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration Fee Covers the Following
For $1,600.00 per player (new player price), each two-person team gets:
- ACCOMMODATIONS – Seven nights lodging in a two-bedroom, one bath, 700 square foot condo at Indian Palms Intervals located on the Indian Palms Country Club & Resort grounds.
- Each condominium has a full kitchen, a dining area and a living room. The condos have nice updated furniture, plantation shutters on the windows and sliding glass door to your personal patio.
- There is a Flat Screen TV in the living room and both bedrooms – Full Size Bed & Two Twins
- There is a DVD player in the living room. The kitchens have every appliance you could possibly want.
- There are three barbecues next to both the Cooper Pool and the Valentino Pool located on the resort grounds.
- Courses are a short 10 - 15 minute drive from your unit.
- OPTIONAL Saturday golf is not included in your package price. You may either participate in the afternoon Horse Race on Saturday at Desert Willow Golf Resort or there will be practice rates between $60 – $140 depending on time of day. See Practice Rate card.
- Sunday’s golf is a 7:30am shotgun start at Desert Willow Golf Resort – Firecliff course. Four player mixer. High & Low Handicap Teams paired together for 1 best ball score and two net scores.
- Monday through Friday each player gets:
- Unlimited rounds of golf Monday thru Friday, range balls and cart fees at the PGA WEST® Jack Nicklaus Tournament, TPC Stadium, Greg Norman and La Quinta Resort Mountain and Dunes courses.
- These rounds include the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday best ball tournament rounds and the Friday combined aggregate tournament round.
- Some of our crazier golfers have been known to play 36 holes in the afternoon after the morning tournament rounds.
- NEW We have changed all the starting times for the tournament to 7:30am shotguns. NO MORE AFTERNOON HEAT FEST AT NORMAN
- Sunday Evening BBQ April 28 at 7:00pm. Come meet your fellow competitors while enjoying the best BBQ Tri Tip in the Valley. CVBBQ will be cooking up all the fixings. Your hosts Eric & Owen Hoskinson will be serving Bloody Mary’s, Margaritas, Wine, Beer, Pop, Soda, for refresments.
- There is a Friday Night Awards Ceremony May 4th at 5:00pm at the Cooper Pool BBQ Area. We will award the Daily Honey Pot Payout for Friday as well as the Week Honey Pot payout. Over 20 trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
Early arrival or late departure
- Based upon availability, it is usually possible to come a few days early or stay a few days later. It is always easier to stay later than come in earlier. The extra cost is $100 per condo per night.
Guests at no extra cost
- Spouses or significant others can come at essentially no additional cost. There is no increase to the cost of accommodations. The only drawback for two couples staying in one condo is that there is only one bathroom for the two bedrooms.
- One team can request a separate condo for each player. The additional cost is $295 per player or $590.00 for the team.
Cost of golf for guests
- Players’ guests can golf for $45 any time on Saturday or Sunday at Indian Palms CC. Guests can also golf at the PGA West and La Quinta Resort and Club on Monday through Friday afternoons for only $45.
Honey pots – 5 day PGA WEST & La Quinta
- There are optional daily and weekly honey pots with cash payouts. There are separate honey pots for each division. The cost is $30 per player per day for each of the five daily honey pots and $50 for the one weekly honey pot.
- Sunday’s Optional Honey Pot Mixer is $20.00 per player. With a full field there will be approximately $1,600 pot.
Extra golf events
- Sunday gross & net competition and on course skills challenge – There is $20.00 buy in to cover these two events, all of which is paid to the winning teams and individuals.
- The details of this competition will be explained in the 2017 complete event brochure (available November 15 on the web). Last year’s event was a lot of fun and there was a lot of excitement at the Sunday evening barbecue shootout finals.
- Fun Golf Vacations and PNWGT.COM has a very generous deposit refund program. All but $200 of each person’s deposits is refundable through April 1, 2019. Even then, the $200 can be applied to the 2018 tournament fee.
- The $500.00 deposit and the 2nd $500.00 payment is fully refundable through March 1, 2019.
- The deposit requirements are as follows:
- $500.00 accompanies the entry form. To insure that you get your requested arrival date, please send this as soon as possible).
- $500.00 – January 15, 2018
- Balance – March 15, 2018
- The advertised new player cash price is $1,600.00. The returning player price is $1,500.00.