April 29 - May 6, 2023
The Battle in the Desert is the best damn buddies golf vacation in Palm Springs! Hosted annually for over 20 years at the "Western Home of Golf in America PGA WEST." This week long buddies golf vacation is organized around two person teams. You'll play six tournament rounds of best ball golf in the morning and if that's not enough golf to fill you up you have FREE afternoon replays on any of the five PGA WEST resort courses.
Fun Golf Vacations makes your Palm Springs golf buddy trip experience one you will never forget. So rally the golf crew from your club and come experience what 1,600 other golfers have for the last 20 years.
Who can participate?
The Battle in the Desert is open to any golfer’s male or female that loves playing golf, traveling with their best golfing friends, and meeting new people through golf!
The biggest part of any Fun Golf Vacation event is to have FUN and create ever lasting memories with your friends.
Two Person Best Ball
The Battle in the Desert is organized around Two Person Best Ball or also known as Four Ball.
You and your partner will play six tournament rounds of two person best ball golf at the top courses in the Palm Springs area.
If 18 holes isn't enough you get FREE afternoon replays!
Stay & Play Packages
Indian Palms Intervals is tournament central, located just 10 minutes away from PGA WEST.
Enjoy seven nights lodging in a single story 750 square foot 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condo with all the amenities of home.
Check the FAQ for more details
$1,350.00 Per Player Golf Only
$1,950.00 Per Player Stay & Play
Desert Willow Golf Resort opened in 1997 and year after year it is always ranked among the top public city owned golf courses in the country. Desert Willow Golf Resort has to many awards to list but they are ranked 24th in the Top 50 US Golf Courses and 2nd best course you can play in California by GolfPass. It's no wonder why most players that come to experience the perfectly striped rye fairways will think they are playing at a private country club.
|6,676 / 72.1 / 136||6,173 / 69.9 / 128||5,642 / 67.5 / 120||5,079 / 69.4 / 127|
Challenge, beauty and drama permeate every Jack Nicklaus Course, and the masterfully designed Nicklaus Tournament is no exception. It is one of the only courses in the world to feature two island greens. The enormous and undulated double-green of holes 9 & 18 are perfectly viewed from the PGA West Clubhouse.
|7,204 / 75.3 / 143||6,522 / 72.2 / 134||5,627 / 68.1 / 122||5,023 / 69.4 / 124|
Rated as one of the “Top 100 Courses in the World” by GOLF MAGAZINE and 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s “Top 50 Toughest Courses in America (2007),” there may be no greater challenege or excitement in the game of golf than the Stadium at PGA WEST! The world famous Stadium is one of Pete Dye’s finest course creations, delivering multiple adrenaline rushes throughout the round.
|7300 / 75.8 / 148||6739 / 73.1 / 140||5700 / 73.7 / 137||5092 / 70.2 / 124|
The newest course at PGA WEST and the only Greg Norman-designed golf course in the Coachella Valley is aptly described as being very “challenging but fair.” Sporting only 68 acres of lush manicured turf, 102 white crushed marble bunkers and shark blue water coming into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a truly “Outback” experience that will entice you back time and time again.
|6,671 / 72.8 / 133||6,227 / 70.6 / 126||5,751 / 72.7 / 123||5,297 / 70.2 / 119|
This Par 72 Pete Dye designed course offers traditional rolling links style golf with Scottish and Irish flair, characterized by rolling mounds framing manicured fairways and thick rough. The course provides an invigorating round of golf against a backdrop of rugged mountain landscapes.
|6,732 / 72.9 / 135||6,300 / 70.7 / 128||5,768 / 68.3 / 121||4,875 / 71.0 / 123|
PGA West Mountain course combines everything the desert has to offer. Many famous tournaments have been played on this legendary and exclusive ” VIP players only ” golfer’s paradise. Noted for pot bunkers, rock formations, sand and water. Watch for the par-3 16th hole that has a green that is surrounded by desert mountain rocks.
|6,666 / 72.9 / 135||6,280 / 70.7 / 128||5,732 / 68.3 / 121||4,884 / 68.7 / 123|
Frequently Asked Questions
Golf Essentials Package –
Golf Life Package –
- LOTS & LOTS of GOLF
- Saturday April 30th golf is not included in your package price. There will be practice rates between $60 – $140 depending on time of day if you wish to play at one of the PGA WEST courses.
- Sunday April 30th Mission Hills Country Club Palmer Course course 8:00am Shotgun
- Monday May 1st Bermuda Dunes Country Club course 7:30am Shotgun
- Tuesday May 2nd PGA WEST Nicklaus Tournament 7:30am Shotgun
- Wednesday May 3rd Indian Wells Country Club 7:30am Shotgun
- Thursday May 4th PGA WEST Tournament 7;30am Shotgun
- Friday May 5th Desert Island Country Club 7:30am Shotgun
- FREE afternoon replays at any of PGA WEST resort courses are included in your package price.
- Some of our crazier golfers have been known to play 36 holes in the afternoon after the morning tournament rounds.
Indian Palms Intervals is tournament headquarters. We have 50 two-bedroom 1-bathroom condos located just a short 10 min drive to PGA WEST and 20 min drive to Desert Willow Golf Resort.
Each unit is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom 750 square feet condo and has full kitchen with all the comforts of home. You'll enjoy drinking cocktails on your verandas in the evenings and socializing with the other golfers on the Crooked Club's 19th Hole.
- Sunday Kick Off Cocktail Party 6:00pm at the IPI 19th Hole. Come enjoy drinks and cocktails while and rekindle those old relations in addition to making new ones. Special guest bartender every year!
- Tuesday Optional Afternoon Horse Race Shootout at Dusk. Course to be determined.
- Friday Night Awards Ceremony May 6 at 5:30pm at the Cooper Pool BBQ Area also known as the 19th Hole. We will award the Daily Honey Pot Payout for Friday as well as the Week Honey Pot payout. Over 20 trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
Early arrival or late departure
- Based upon availability, it is usually possible to come a few days early or stay a few days later. The extra cost is $175 per condo per night.
- One team can request a separate condo for each player. The additional cost is $400 per player or $800.00 for the team.
Daily & Week Cash Honey Pots
- There are optional daily and weekly honey pots with cash payouts. There are separate honey pots for each division. The cost is $50 per player per day for each of the five daily honey pots and $50 for the one weekly honey pot.
- Sunday’s Optional Honey Pot Mixer is $25.00 per player.
Extra golf events
- Tuesday Horse Race Shootout at Dusk. Don't miss out on the rowdy afternoon horse race at one of the PGA WEST courses. There is a $50 buy in for this event covers cart fees and prize money. Limited to the first 24 teams.
- Fun Golf Vacations has a very generous deposit refund program. All but $200 of each person’s deposits is refundable through April 1, 2022. Even then, the $200 can be applied to the 2023 tournament fee.
- The $350.00 deposit and the 2nd $650.00 payment is fully refundable through March 1, 2022
- The deposit requirements are as follows:
- $350.00 accompanies the entry form. To insure that you get your requested arrival date, please send this as soon as possible).
- $650.00 – February 15, 2022
- Balance – March 15, 2022
- The advertised new player cash price is $1,950.00. The returning player price is $1,795.00.